Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Get to know your LSBer...19 Q&A's with Ben aka benjihana. Thanks to Ben for his honest and prompt response.

1.      Do you find Manhattan overwhelming?  Would you rather visit than live there?
Sometimes… not overwhelming as much as frustrating. So many amazing things are available to me here and within such proximity, but normal everyday things… getting groceries, running out for a bite to eat, deciding to have a car and go somewhere, or go somewhere without a car – are all drastically more difficult, and it can be grating.
2.      Was an Ivy League school a goal over a state university? Did you consider UT w/ your bro?
Never cared about the Ivy League inclusion – I wanted to go to the best undergraduate business program I could get into. Wharton was #1 – so I went. I had already been accepted to BHP at McCombs at UT, but opted for Wharton. If Stanford had had a true undergraduate business program, I would have gone there over UT or Penn in a heartbeat.
3.      What is the biggest positive and negative of being a twin?
This is a tough one, since I don’t really know what it’s like to NOT be a twin.  The positives are that I basically have one other person that I can defer things to and trust implicitly. We all know that deep down, if we want something done right, we do it ourselves. I honestly have someone else that is an extension of my own capacity – which is, I think, the coolest part of being a twin.  Negatives? Non really. Honestly.
4.      Biggest fear, physical and/or emotional?
Death. Oh that death.
5.      Would you rather have $1,000,000,000 and no power, or $10,000,000 and power/influence?
Easily the $10M. I’d take power/influence with no cash over $1B.
6.      Who is the most fascinating, but notorious, person in US history?
Andrew Jackson
7.      Would you rather be a great musician, athlete, or artist?
Musician
8.      How do you feel about Dr. Kevorkian?
I’m not a fan of assisted suicide. I feel like a lot of proper processes need to be in place to determine the mental capacity and health probabilities of individuals IF something of that nature were ever common.  Cowboy’ing it like he did isn’t the answer.
9.      Do you feel emotional behavior or rational behavior is more healthy?
Depends on the context… I’ve long preached about passion being integral to life. Without passion for the activities and people in our lives – what’s the point?  That being said, a rational understanding of the purpose of the passion is just as important.
10.  How in touch were Penn students with the hoi polloi?
Notably detached.  To put it into perspective, I was considered down to earth or grounded within the Penn student body. The detachment from reality persists even after graduation for many, unfortunately.
11.  How many people would you entrust your deepest thoughts with(non-family)?
I’m very accessible all the way until my biggest sources of anxiety/worry/thoughts; more than most. However, those deepest thoughts are restricted to about 2-3 people outside of family and significant others.
12.  What physical attribute do you wish was better?
Height. 4’11” mother. Dangit.
13.  What is your worst trait?
Pride
14.  What trait do you take pride in?
Pride
15.  Last meal?
Sufficient helpings of soppressata, finnochiona, prosciutto di san daniele, a Cuban sandwich from Café Habana, a filet mignon with a compound butter, white truffles shaven over a spicy pasta dish, some Central Texas bbq, and a slice from Gino’s East. If I’m going to die anyway, might as well kill myself eating.
16.  Would you rather converse with a book-smart person or street-smart person?
Assuming they lack the contrasting quality? Book-smart, still.
17.  What is the biggest misconception of Ben?
The arrogance… I have a lot of confidence, and the bravado is entertaining to me – simply because of how many people react so strongly in a negative direction. Confidence pisses a ton of people off, and I thoroughly enjoy that… but I’m really just a pretty loving, caring, and passionate person who wants a wife I can love, a family I can raise, and the means/capacity to give them a life that exceeds my own.  I take care of those that I love and care about with an abundance of loyalty and support – very often in unselfish ways.
18.  Amy Winehouse or Etta James?
Damn. Winehouse. By an eightball
19.  Favorite Ranger of all time?
Will Clark! He was the reason I started playing first base and wearing number #22 when I was about eight.  I played for another 10 years, and still wear that number to this day.

4 comments:

  1. Solid content. Terrible format. Do something about this...terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get to have Winehouse at the top of mine. I will take that anyday as a win.

    ReplyDelete